DataDot USA is a wholly owned subsidiary of DataDot Technology Ltd.
DataDot Technology Limited is an Australian public company (ASX-DDT) that has been at the forefront of developing theft deterrent and asset identification technologies for the past 15 years. DataDot products are sold by distributors in 28 countries.
Leading the Way in Identification Technology
We are a leading solutions provider with highly innovative technologies, creating new methods of asset identification, protection and authentication leading to new markets for our products.
We have developed and are developing leading-edge identification technologies that allow assets, and their component parts, to be uniquely marked and identified. It’s akin to creating a unique asset-based DNA for products. DDT’s asset identification technologies have wide product application, and the potential to penetrate global markets in the automotive, marine, clothing and industrial materials sectors.
Why Create a Unique Identity For Something?
Applying a unique identity to an item is beneficial in numerous ways.
- It allows tracking and identification of the origin of the item, as well as details of its manufacture, ownership, authenticity and destination.
- It assists in providing quality assurance of component parts and manufacturing processes.
- It reduces criminal activity by deterring counterfeiting and theft and assists in the recovery and return of assets that have been stolen.
DDT technologies work by marking each asset with a unique and individual code. This code is then recorded on a secure database and matched with other asset and ownership identifiers. In some cases the code is the primary manufacturer's identifier – for example a car’s Vehicle Identification Number (VIN). Identification technology is not a new concept. For a long time cars have had unique VINs, engines have had serial numbers to discourage theft, designer clothing has had brand labels to discourage counterfeit brands and so on. Professional thieves can easily defeat these identifying tags; engine serial numbers, VIN and HIN plates can be changed and fake brand labels can be manufactured. DDT technologies take identification to the next level.
Technology you can't duplicate
DDT technologies are different. They are virtually impossible to reproduce, unlike the designer clothing labels, thieves can’t easily make fake copies. Take the clothing industry as an example. To prove clothes are of a particular brand, we insert DataThreadDNA into clothing labels. Counterfeiters are able to copy the clothes and brand labels, but they can't readily reproduce the DataThreadDNA. In this way, DDT technologies help to prevent fraud and provide quality assurance.
DDT technologies are virtually irremovable. Take for example DataDotDNA. It is conceivably possible to remove the thousands of microdots (DataDots) applied to an item but would be totally cost ineffective to do so. Just one tiny microdot has to remain for an item to be identified as stolen. The risk of thieves getting caught with a DataDotDNA protected item is significantly increased.
An Identity Revolution
The unique attributes of DDT technologies mean we create security and authentication for home, business and industry in a new and innovative way. Everything from clothing and school computers to industrial products can be protected against theft and counterfeiting. Our technologies can also identify assets that were impossible to tag before. For example when we mix DataTraceDNA into concrete, its type, grade and manufacturer details will never be lost. This provides quality assurance and process controls for the building industry and other commercial applications.
Mission and Values
DataDot Technology Mission Statement:
DataDot Technology Ltd will provide world leading asset identification, management, protection and authentication products and services that deliver value to customers.
Crime Stoppers Awards:
- DataDot Technology – for their outstanding contribution to the Crime Stoppers MARINE campaign.
- DataDot Technology – For outstanding contribution to the Crime Stoppers COPPER THEFT campaign during the 2008/09 financial year.
- Toyota Annual Suppliers' Achievement Award - Parts and Accessories Category [South Africa]- Finalist
- DuPont 2007/8 Innovation Awards – Performance Materials category – DataTraceDNA Pty Ltd
- What Car? Security Award for Best Theft Deterrent Product [United Kingdom]
- Gold Medal for Automotive Security, Security Industry Trade Fair [Poland] Gold Medal for Home Security, Security Industry Trade Fair [Poland]
- AMIF Australian Marine Industry Awards - New & Innovative Product of the Year Award